Every household has one laptop in today’s time as this is the need of the hour because of the increasing use of technology. This makes it necessary for us to know what are the tips to maintain your laptop at home. Taking care of your laptop with these basic tips will make your laptop have a long life. These tips will also make your life easier and less complicated.
Try to use these tips on a regular basis to get maximum benefits:
Tip 1 – Make sure to keep liquids and eatables away from the laptop
Out of habit or out of love, we generally like keeping eatables and liquids near our laptops to access them easily and conveniently. There have been incidents when accidentally the eatables and liquids have fallen on the laptop and destroyed the laptop. They have destroyed internal microelectronic components or internal electric damage.
Alternatively, one should use a cup with a lid, so that the liquid does not spill over the laptop. The most important thing would be not to use eatables and liquids near the laptop.
Tip 2 – Having an antivirus installed and updated all the time
This is one common mistake which all of us do. Not having an antivirus installed or not updated the antivirus all the time. You may know what are you downloading, but there may be a chance that some virus gets downloaded. If you do not have an antivirus, then you are risking your laptop getting corrupted. A corrupted laptop can lead to a loss of data.
Tip 3 – Do not use the laptop at the place, where there are animals
One should keep their laptop at the place, where there are no animals. The furs and hairs can lead to internal damage to the laptop. The animals also run here and there, so they can accidentally destroy the laptop by knocking it with tail, legs, etc.
Tip 4 – Keep the laptop in a clean and dust-free environment
Tip 5 – Always keep your hands clean when using a laptop
Tip 6 – Protect the LCD display monitor
Tip 7 – Hold and lift the laptop from the base and not from the LCD (the display)
Tip 8 – Do not pull the cord
Tip 9 – Make sure to plug the right cords in the right slots
Tip 10 – Handle the removable devices carefully
Tip 11 – Keep the temperature right
- Do not leave your laptop in a car any other vehicle. It may damage the laptop due to extreme heat or there may be a danger of theft also.
- Get your laptop cleaned by a professional on a regular basis. If not done, then dust may accumulate in the system and may damage the laptop.
- Do not place any heavy materials on the laptop like books or any other thing. This may result in damaging the LCD screen or any other part.
- Use appropriate case for the laptop. Invest in a good-quality laptop bag.
- Store your laptop in a well-air-circulated area. If it is not done so, then it may overheat the laptop and cause damage to it.
- Keep the laptop on a flat and clean surface. This will prevent the laptop from damaging.
- Do not ever use the laptop on the bed and it may cause the fan to extract the dust on the bedsheet. This will ultimately result in blocking the fan.
- Keep your laptop decluttered from unnecessary software and file. This software may eat up the precious memory and may cause a problem when you do important tasks.
- When downloading something from the internet or EMail, be sure of what you are downloading.
- If there is a need for additional memory, then use an external memory device to keep your data. Always keep taking the backup of your data in the external device.
- Have Annual maintenance for your laptop, so that much of the trouble can be avoided.