Have you recently purchased a laptop, and you are excited to start working on it. Before you should start working on it, make sure to take few initial steps to take immediately after purchasing a laptop in order to protect the laptop from probable threats like viruses, performance issue or something else.
At Lappyfy, we have wide range of laptops that you can purchase for your work. The few steps which you can follow immediately after purchasing a laptop are:
Update the operating system
You can do this from Windows store. Also, make sure that you update the necessary updates for your laptop model. This you can get on manufacturer’s website. This has new drivers, patches and fixes.
For Mac, then you can update the operating system from Apple at Mac App store. You can update any app like iTunes also for the Mac App store. Though there is no possibility to get all the updates at one center point.
Install Security Software
The security software or anti-malware will depend on the platform (Windows, Mac OS, Linux) you are using.
When you purchase an anti-virus software for your laptop, purchase it from a branded site. There are many sellers who bundles the anti-virus software with the laptop to optimize the work.
Set up an automatic data backup system
We all work on laptops and as a result, there are lots of data which is critical in our laptops. It is advisable to set your laptop for an automatic laptop data backup. It will help you for data recovery in case your data is lost because of any reason. There are many laptop backup programs available. You can do it online by using various services. You can also do it offline by using an external drive.
Invest in a good laptop case
To keep your laptop safe, you should have a specific bagpack or dedicated laptop bag. It will help you to keep your laptop safe while travelling. It will also keep your laptop away from accidents like falls or spills.
Apart from these above mentioned steps, you should do some regular checks on your laptop.
Let us see, what are the other things to take care:
- Take care of the hardware parts of your laptop by preventing them from any accidents. This can be done by keeping eatables and drinkables away from the laptop.
- You need to keep the laptop in safe conditions and away from pets and kids. Use the laptop with clean hands and place the laptop in a clean place with appropriate temperature. Do not keep anything on the top of the laptop.
- Keep your laptop battery proper as the estimated battery life is different from the actual lifespan of the battery. Battery life reduces each time you do not properly charge your laptop. Keep your laptop battery properly charged and do it often before it gets completely discharged.
- Clean your laptop often specially keyboards, vents and screen to get rid of dust, grime, residue as it will increase the lifespan of the laptop. Also, be gentle while plugging in various peripherals like cables, USB drives, headphones or speakers in order to prevent them from damaging.
- Take care of the softwares on the laptop. Only keep relevant softwares and delete unwanted softwares from the laptop. You should also delete temporary files regularly from the laptop.
- Keep free space in c drive in order to let your laptop run fast. Also, delete old files from the system so that unnecessary space is not used as this can affect the performance of the system.
- The laptop also needs rest, so shut down the system when not in use.